What does a Land Director do?
A Land Director is a high management position that needs excellent leadership, negotiating and communication abilities. Land Directors are in charge of the acquisition programme of a company, with the goal of increasing its landbank value while avoiding risks.
A Land Director is mainly tasked with the following job responsibilities:
● Developing and implementing a comprehensive land acquisition strategy to support the growth and expansion of the company
● Negotiating and closing complex land acquisition deals, including joint ventures and partnerships
● Conducting market research and analysis to inform land investment decisions ● Coordinating with internal departments such as finance, legal, and construction to ensure successful land development projects
● Developing and sustaining connections with major real estate stakeholders such as landowners, developers, and government officials
● Managing budgets and timelines for land acquisition and development projects, ensuring financial targets are met or exceeded
● Overseeing the due diligence process to evaluate the feasibility and potential risks of new land opportunities
● Working closely with surveyors, architects, and engineers to ensure successful land development
● Managing and leading a team of land professionals, providing guidance, mentoring, and support to ensure success and growth within the team
If you are ready to take on this exciting and challenging role, why not explore the opportunities available through deverellsmith? Sign up with us today to get notified about the latest Land Director jobs, or check out our open job listings below to find a match that fits your background and experience.