- Posted 18 May 2022
- Salary£35000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameLolly Hamlin
Why this job?
Dependant on experience an opportunity to join a company as either a Junior Asset manager or an Asset manager and work for a nationwide BTR investor, developer, operator and asset manager. This subsector is one of the most exciting areas within the industry, gaining constant momentum and needing innovative individuals to contribute to its fast expansion. You will join a team of industry leading experts, who are delivering projects from acquisitions through to leasing and operations. This highly valued position provides brilliant exposure and an opportunity to feel heard, interfacing with all the team and investors.
Why work for this company?
This company is backed by a PE fund and is working with large independent investment management companies. Within their national remit, over a five-year plan, the target is 5000 units that value over £1bn. This will happen via direct development, joint venture and forward commitments. A brilliant time to join a company as it establishes itself as a leading player within the BTR market. Their living spaces are innovative, stylish and combine leading technology.
- Day to day asset management of an operational portfolio. Analyse financial and operational performance vs business plan. Creation and implementation of initiatives to optimise IRR. Provide valuation of assets. Build relationships and liaise with key stakeholders including, debt providers and valuers etc.
- Oversee the preparation of internal and external reports including analysis of key metrics and management commentary for investors and company management team; work with third parties to deliver data analysis capabilities.
- Champion ESG objectives for Operations team. Lead on submissions for industry accreditations such as GRESB and BREEAM.
- Lead annual budgeting processes, including presentations to investors, and take responsibility for identifying drivers of significant variances on a monthly and quarterly basis, as well as potential opportunities and risks, working with Property Managers and other team members.
- Monitor relevant industry news sources, understand trends, propose, agree and implement action to improve performance of the portfolio.
Who are they looking for?
- Relevant university degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification preferable
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset
- Ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel and its data and analytical functions
- Experience preparing and presenting financial reporting
- Strong understanding of legislation and real estate investment concepts
- Confident, pro-active with a good work ethic and a team player
- Some experience in investment modelling would be advantageous
The role is offering between £35-£50k + bonus dependant on experience. They are considering an exceptional individual joining as either a Junior Asset Manager OR an Asset Manager. Hybrid working environment.
How to apply.
Please contact Lolly from deverellsmith if you are interested in hearing further details. You can email your CV or give us a call on 020 3973 5320.