Job Title: Assistant Financial Controller
Salary: £50k - £60k
Location: Office Based - Richmond
deverellsmith are proudly representing one of London's leading BTR developers who, due to continued growth, are looking to add to their finance team. With developments across London and the home counties, they focus on quality homes across medium-large sites.
This position will report directly into the Financial Controller (FC) and presents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their career at a reputable, growing business. They will be in a small finance team, working closely with the FC and directors of the business. The ideal candidate will either be an Assistant Financial Controller currently or a Management Accountant ready to take the next step up.
- Project costing and cash flow reporting
- Monthly reporting of project costs for all current projects.
- Monitoring and reporting of project spend vs budget and maintaining a forecast cash flow for each project.
- Weekly Preparation of aged creditors across all entities.
- Monitor and maintain controls over supplier invoice approval and authorisation.
- Preparation of payment batches, and allocations of payments in Sage.
- Reconcile and maintain monthly construction valuations/applications, and preparation of AR construction invoices in line with specified VAT splits for each project.
- Accounting entries, such as posting and reconciling banks, revenue and sales invoicing, general ledger journals and accounting for specific transactions and recording of loan statements.
- Assist Financial Controller as required, including on requirements specific to sales and purchases, tax compliance and planning, liaising with external consultants and providing general financial and accounting advice to the business.
- VAT and CIS returns
- Company Secretarial - assisting maintaining statutory books for various SPVs.
- Assisting with statutory reporting and preparation for annual audit, including maintenance / preparation of asset registers.
- Experience with Sage 50 preferred, but not essential. Should have prior experience with a recognised accounting software.
- Good excel skills (proficient with pivot tables and other data search / manipulation formulae).
- Stakeholder management, both internal and external, with good communication skills over multiple disciplines.
- Comfortable with property related tax such as CIS & VAT submissions and the varying rates.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalents would be considered desirable, but if not, the candidate must be able to demonstrate a level of technical knowledge suitable to the role.
- Salary of £50k - £60k DOE
- Private Healthcare
- Discretionary Bonus
- Excellent progression opportunities within a growing company
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and this sounds like a role of interest, please get in touch.