Job Title: Assistant Management Accountant (Graduate/Entry level)
Hours: 8-5 Mon-Fri
Location: Office based - Central London
Have you just recently graduated from a top UK university and looking for a start in Accountancy? Maybe you graduated last year, and your current company isn't offering the training and support you were looking for?
Well, look no further! We are representing one of the UK's largest, most respected housebuilders looking to bring a recent graduate on board as an Assistant Management Accountant. They have a strong track record of promoting from within, with the current Head of Finance, offering full study support to achieve your ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification alongside a great benefits package.
The ideal candidate would have graduated within the last 2 years, from a Russell Group university studying a degree related to accounting, finance, mathematics, or a science. They will need to have a good attitude, willingness to learn and be able to communicate well.
Perhaps you have done a sandwich course, with a relevant placement or have post-graduation experience?
The exposure in this role will be varied and broad, however the key responsibilities include:
- To assist with the production of month end profit and loss reports and balance sheet.
- To coordinate the production of the monthly board packs.
- To prepare weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports - highlighting, investigating and reporting on variances.
- Maintain and review intercompany balances and investigate variations.
- Maintaining and reviewing banking reconciliations and ensuring accurate posting of the daily cash items.
- Maintaining fixed asset register, together with necessary depreciation adjustments.
- Assisting in preparation of WIP, Debtors and Creditors summary schedules highlighting findings to the FC.
- Assisting in drafting the monthly accounts for review by the FC.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial and regulatory information for internal and external audit purposes.
- Assisting in the production of invoices and ensure credit control is undertaken monthly.
- Prepare VAT returns in first instance.
- Provide support to the FMs where required including.
- Recent graduate from a Russell Group University.
- Graduated in a related field (Maths, Finance, Sciences etc) with at least a 2:1 or better.
- Live within commutable distance to London.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Full study support for ACCA, ACA, CA or CIMA exams, including cost of exams and time off.
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays.
- Flexible hours, up to 1 hour outside core hours.
- 4% pension contribution.
- Private healthcare.
- £100 fitness reimbursement per year.
- Hybrid working options available after probation.
Interested in hearing more, get in contact today!