Building Services Manager (Maintenance and Facilities) - Brand new Build to Rent Scheme - Brighton - £32,000 - £36,000 + discretionary bonus
An award-winning property management company that takes pride in creating thriving communities are seeking a Building Services Manager to lead a team and help to provide the highest quality service to residents.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for community building and a desire to make a difference in people's lives.
As the Building Services Manager, you will be responsible for the management of both the in-house and supply partner performance in the execution and delivery of planned, reactive, and project building services. You will also be responsible for on boarding and mobilising new properties in conjunction with other departments and key stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who can provide timely insight, trend analysis, management information, and reporting of all activity under their control such as asset performance, statutory compliance, H&S, and ESG management. The ideal candidate will liaise closely with the General Manager's team to ensure building services achieve the correct quality assurance, alignment to community priorities, and objectives in a timely way.
- Provide team leadership through demonstrated behaviours and ensure clear objectives, work standards, aims, and goals are in place.
- Track building asset performance to inform maintenance frequency and predictive maintenance and analyse and interpret servicing and work order trends.
- Oversee tenancy fabric refresh works, keep all common spaces in good condition, and manage materials and supplies.
- Oversee completion of daily reactive work orders and manage all aspects of the delivery of all planned maintenance.
- Keep track of and schedule the annual compliance register, ensure all records are formatted correctly and stored on the central depository, and provide timely MI reports to show ongoing compliance status.
- Control operating spend in line with the annual budget and provide data to support projected spend analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Comparable experience of managing similar properties, M&E planning with a focus on statutory compliance, team supervisory experience, ability to build and develop relationships, good knowledge of residential building services.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as other systems such as databases or booking systems (training on in-house systems will be provided).
The ideal candidate is proactive, positive, can-do, enthusiastic and passionate about customer service, professional and credible, and results-driven. You will act as a role model for the values and key behaviours across the organisation, promote peak performance through effective people management, and ensure the team operates with a clear set of processes and procedures with inbuilt measures of quality and control.
If this seems like a role for you, please do reach out!
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.
Job has Expired