Are you a qualified accountant in real estate and want to work with one of the UK's leading commercial asset and property managers? Our client is expanding their Financial Accounting team and are looking for someone who has solid all-round accounting knowledge in addition to service charge experience who will report directly to the Property Manager and Asset Manager.
Who is the client and what do they do?
Our client is a non-residential real estate company that works with all major commercial asset classes nationwide specialising in retail, office, logistics/light industrial and residential and have sold more than 500 properties. They have a unique network to local private investors, developers, family offices and industrial investors that allows them to maximise values in every transaction in which their volumes have ranged from below €500,000 up to €120m for individual assets and in excess of €70m for portfolio sales.
What you'll do:
The role will involve overall responsibility of all client and property accounting for their own portfolio. Your responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Preparation and submission of client statements, VAT reports, trial balances, general ledges, and client reports
- Raising rent, service charges, insurance, and recharged charges to tenants
- Entering service charge budgets onto the system and updating apportionment's and tenants on accounts
- Creation of new debtors with new leases, amending accounts and preparing completion statements provided by the PM/AM and running reports off the system
- Preparation and reconciliation of annual service charge accounts as well as liaising with the Property Manager, Centre Manager and Service Charge Auditor for the audit
- Monthly reconciliation of client bank accounts including investigation and correction of reconciling items
- Pay-over to the client in line with agreed procedures as well as record on the system
- Preparation and reconciliation of funding requests to client
What you'll bring:
The ideal candidate will be a people person with a proactive and hands on attitude. You will be well-organised and able to prioritise tasks whilst working under pressure on a diverse portfolio. Strong communication skills both verbal and written are a must. A minimum of 5 years commercial property accounting experience and service charge, preferably focused on shopping centres. Knowledge of property management systems such as Yardi, Voyager and Bluebox.
What you'll receive:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary end of year bonus
- Christmas off plus one extra day over the Christmas/New year period
- Corporate social events
If you feel you fit the above criteria and are looking to work with a growing business to further develop your career, please apply below. Alternatively, you can get in touch to discuss the position into more detail by calling Isabella Richards at deverellsmith.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.