Client-side Planning Director
- Posted 20 February 2023
- Salary£80000 - £120000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- LocationWest London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameJake Mcmonagle
Client-side Planning Director
Do you want to head up a planning department for an SME developer that focuses on premium residential development?
The planning director is a newly created role to allow for planning to be taken in house rather than on a consultancy basis, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a new division and making a real impact on the future of the business. This opportunity would suit someone who wants to work autonomously and thrives when in charge of strategic direction.
This development agency builds prime developments across the capital, so you'll get to work on a variety of projects and be part of a small family office, who have ambitious plans.
What's in it for you?
- Salary up to 120k + bonus
- Opportunity to shape and spearhead a department
- Flexible working available, however a presence in the office is required at times to drive the division forward
- Supportive working culture
- Manage and contribute technical expertise to the preparation, implementation and presentation complex and sensitive professional planning projects for the Group.
- Consider, initiate and lead planning and design strategies to enhance existing permissions.
- Represent the Group at public meetings and public enquiries.
- Provide expertise toward the determination of planning and related applications and to contribute to negotiations to secure Group objectives.
- Undertake consultation and engagement on all applications including meeting with LPA's, attending committee meetings, public meetings and conducting appeals where appropriate.
- Keep the Group up to date on all planning and housing legislation and relevant policy updates and changes.
- Researching and preparing reports and analysis on relevant operations and activities with recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of planning, development and local government policies and procedures including recent developments, current literature and sources of information related to planning and housing law.
- Knowledge of local government procedures and practices and possibly experience working at a senior level within one or more LPA's.
- Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at all levels.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.
If this role seems of interest to you, please do not hesitate to contact me on - 07827 011252
Jake Mcmonagle, Principal Consultant Land & Planning