Are you interested in joining one the most established real estate investment and management companies in the BTR sector? If so, this could be the role for you. We have been appointed exclusively to find a Commercial Accountant to join a fast-growing finance team.
Based in the West End of London, they are ideally looking for a qualified accountant with prior real estate experience looking for the next step in their career. Due to the nature of the company, this role will provide the chosen candidate with commercial exposure many accountants look for.
If you are seeking for a role that will provide you with the platform to learn, grow and develop your skills within a truly collaborative team then this could be the role for you.
The duties will vary depending on the business requirements, however key responsibilities include:
- Managing a portfolio of investment properties, both under construction and in lease up
- Monthly management accounts with variance analysis assessing portfolio performance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packs for investors (UK and Jersey based)
- Produce detailed annual budgets, liaising with asset managers and site staff
- Cash-flow forecasting for portfolio and treasury management
- VAT returns and tax accounting when necessary
- Fund accounting for designated portfolio including investor draw-downs and distributions
- Liaising with auditors as and when required
In addition to continued company growth within a private equity back business and personal development they are also able to offer the following:
- Competitive bonus
- Hybrid working (2 days working from home)
- Fantastic collaborative culture
Our client is looking for somebody with the following skills and experience:
- ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant with ideally 1-3 years PQE
- Prior real estate exposure, ideally within residential investment
- Ability to work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance personnel
- Previous experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Track record of working collaboratively within an SME accounting team
If this sounds like the type of position you are interested in and you have the required experience then please feel free to apply. Alternatively, if you would like to know more information about the opportunity, then contact Joseph Morris at deverellsmith for a confidential conversation.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward