- Posted 07 September 2022
- SalaryUp to £60000 per annum + + Bonus Scheme
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameRoss McEwan
Are you interested in progressing your career in the Build to Rent sector with a market leading organisation who are continuously growing? Do you have experience managing large residential building(s) and providing excellent levels of service? If your answer is yes to both, this role is for you.
The Community Manager will run an autonomous business unit taking overall responsibility and accountability for the operations including team members, daily activities, and the resources of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals. Leading the team by example your focus will be to build a vibrant, safe and welcoming community our residents enjoy being part of.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Acts as a role model at all times by demonstrating the core values
- Leads the team to create positive memorable experiences by exceeding expectations for all residents.
- Works in partnership with marketing to shape local marketing and leasing strategies based on relevant market data to achieve the property's occupancy and revenue goals
- Ensures marketing campaigns, advertising and promotional activities are effectively implemented
- Establishes relationships with internal and external stakeholders (sales, marketing, groups, universities) communicating regularly with representatives, ensuring the community's compliance with pertinent regulations and providing performance data and reporting
- Actively seeks interaction and contact with residents to proactively seek to improve service delivery and ensure community events enhance the overall resident experience.
- Meets targeted revenues by making rate recommendations based on market data and monitors payments.
- Prepares and forecasts annual budgets by analysing financial statements, reviewing marketing information, and accessing operational reports.
- Manages the financial performance; attending regular P&L reviews with stakeholders.
- Promotes investor satisfaction and retention through timely variance reporting in respect of budgeted and actual spending and on-going communication about the performance of the properties, and responds with urgency to client/owner concerns, questions, issues, and requests.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by ensuring a timely response to questions, requests and complaints in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Assesses team member training needs and ensure thorough understanding of systems and adherence to policies
- Develops capability of team members in order to meet key performance goals and future succession requirements.
- Originates, approves and submits purchase orders and processes invoices from vendors, contractors and service providers for payment and manages communication with finance team members and other stakeholders as required.
- Oversees the tenancy management process by co-ordinating periodic apartment inspections, evicting residents, and imposing and collecting late fees and other charges within the terms of the agreement.
- Works hand in hand with Health & Safety to drive a safety culture by managing and monitoring the appropriate health & safety and compliance activities including the incident reporting system and ensures that the community operates in a safe and risk free environment.
- Ensures the operation of the community complies with company policies and procedures and any laws and regulations governing housing operations and residential lettings.
- Manages planned and reactive maintenance and refurbishments engaging marketing and capital projects teams to ensure timely resident communication and completion to a high standard within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Conducts regular community walkabouts and inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
Your Experience and Skills:
- Experience of successfully driving leasing performance and managing operations within the property sector or similar environment.
- Experience of leading a team and a proven track record in delivering service excellence in a similar management role/ environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Legislation.
- A strong team player but capable of working autonomously and taking ownership.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills sufficient to recruit, lead, direct, evaluate and manage team members to achieve high performance, including maintenance specialists.
- Self and culturally aware and able to adapt relationship building, communications and negotiation skills to suit audience.
- Enthusiasm to deliver an exceptional experience to stakeholders and continuously improve knowledge of self and others.
If interested, please get in touch and submit an updated CV