Job Title: Credit Controller
Salary: £30k - £35k
Location: Central London - Hybrid 2 days at home
Our client is a rapidly expanding property investment company based in London, looking to add to their finance team. They need a credit controller (CC) with at least 1 years' experience to join their dynamic, young team. The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the CC Manager and responsible for monitoring the company's income and cash flow and ensuring they align with company values.
Key responsibilities include:
- To collect rents and all other charges due from Tenants in accordance with contract agreements on or before the due date as per the lease
- Work to set targets (30 calls per day) as laid down by the Manager to maintain a minimum of 98% collection.
- Analyse arrears reports for all relevant parties as required in accordance with the client service level agreements.
- To ensure the Credit Control Manager as well as other department members are advised of any potential serious issues and/or payment defaults as soon as they occur to be dealt with by the management.
- Ensure up to date and accurate records are kept of all calls, action taken and correspondence relating to the tenants' accounts.
- Reviewing and resolving tenant queries as/when necessary
- Providing copy of invoices to tenants as/when requested
- All incoming communication by email or telephone messages must be responded to within 2 working days.
- Analysing, identifying "Late Payers" and proactively escalating to Credit Control Manager and/or other departments for best approach solution
- Follow debt recovery procedures for each client depending on requirements and to liaise with the property manager on any dispute issues on a timely basis.
- Reconciling tenant ledger and identifying outstanding debt.
- Issuing final letters where appropriate and following up.
- Preparing the relevant documentation for Enforcement Agents/Solicitors based on property managers/clients' request.
- Monitoring and assisting in clearing items from both the "Unidentified and Unallocated cash" reports.
- Attending arrears meetings with Property Managers and/or the Company's Clients as/when required.
- Prioritising your workload daily.
- Ad hoc reporting & tasks where necessary
- Assist other functions and provide the necessary support to the credit control team and all property managers as/when necessary.
- Around 1 years' experience in a similar role
- Ideally have some real estate experience
- Good communication skills
- Live within a commutable distance to Central London
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday plus UK Bank/Public holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (Vitality)
- Enhanced Maternity Pay (subject to eligibility)
- Hybrid working (3 days in the office, 2 from home)
Interested in hearing more, then get in touch!