Design & Technical Manager
- Posted 26 May 2023
- Salary£61000 - £83000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameVerity Hampson-Smith
Design & Technical Manager | Chelmsford - up to £83,000 | 12 month Fixed term contract
Deverell Smith are seeking a Design & Technical Manager to join our client, a leading housing developer with a proven track record of delivering high-quality homes across the country. They are passionate about creating vibrant communities and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service to their clients.
They are currently seeking experienced Design & Technical Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating technical information for the development based in Chelmsford, working closely with architects, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders. The role requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Take ownership of the design process, ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Work closely with architects, engineers, and other consultants to develop design concepts and resolve technical challenges throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review and evaluate architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, and construction details to ensure compliance with regulations, industry standards, and company guidelines.
- Drive innovation and excellence in design, keeping up-to-date with industry trends, materials, and construction techniques.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including local authorities, consultants, and contractors.
- Collaborate with the land acquisition team to assess site viability and provide input during the feasibility and planning stages.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of planning applications, ensuring compliance with planning regulations and securing necessary approvals.
- Monitor and control design budgets, identifying cost-saving opportunities and implementing value engineering initiatives.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess progress, identify design issues, and provide technical guidance to the construction team.
To be successful with your application ideally you will have;
- Experience within a similar role for a housebuilder (Timber frame experience essential)
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of building regulations and planning
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
In return you will receive a salary of up to £83,000 and comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV