Design Coorindator - South London
Currently working alongside a regional contractor looking for a design coordinator to join ther design team, the design coordinator will work on residential projects in te region of £10-50 Million. The design Coordinaotr will be joining a contractor with
- Collaborate with project managers, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure design requirements are met.
- Act as a liaison between the design team and the construction team to facilitate smooth communication and work flow.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, and documents to ensure they are accurate and meet project requirements.
- Identify potential design issues or discrepancies and propose solutions.
- Assist in managing design change requests and modifications, including cost and schedule implications.
- Track and document any design changes and ensure proper approvals are obtained.
- Foster collaboration and communication among design team members, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Coordinate design-related meetings and ensure that action items are followed through.
- Monitor the quality of design work and materials to ensure they align with project standards and specifications.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure design compliance during construction.
- Assist in tracking design-related costs and expenditures to help manage project budgets effectively.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities or value engineering solutions.
- Ensure that all design documents meet local building codes, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- Assist in obtaining necessary permits and approvals.
- Prepare and maintain design-related progress reports, including design schedules, status updates, and project milestones.
- Report any issues or delays to the project management team.
- Provide support to the design team with administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, managing correspondence, and coordinating design reviews.
- Offer assistance in organising and tracking design-related submittals.
- Identify potential risks associated with design elements and work with the team to develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensure that designs are in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, design trends, and technologies to improve the design coordination process.
- Suggest and implement process improvements for greater efficiency.
£45,000 - £50,000 + Benifits