- Posted 28 April 2022
- Salary£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus
- LocationRichmond upon Thames
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameJoseph Morris
Do you like to work within a company in the midst of rapid growth? Our client has found a niche market within one of the most desirable asset classes in the UK. As a result of recent success they are looking to grow their Accounting and Finance function to facilitate their future growth plans.
Based in Richmond, they develop under-utilised real estate and converted in to a valuable asset within the commercial real estate sector across the UK.
Given the fast-paced nature of the company they are keen to find a qualified accountant with real estate development experience to enable them to hit the ground running.
The role will depend on the specific business requirements at the time but the main responsibilities will include:
- Ownership over budgets, projections and forecasts for the business and development plans
- Business partnering with key stakeholders across investment, development and asset management
- Working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate cashflow management and cashflow forecasting
- Preparing Cost Control reports to ensure spending is being kept within budget
- Confirming that adequate funds are available at all times for timely payment of all suppliers for development works
- Assisting in the preparation of the management accounts for the Fund companies
- Overseeing CIS and VAT returns, bank reconciliations and monitoring tenant arrears and cash collection
- Managing external statutory reporting and audit queries
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody seeking a fast-paced environment in which they would be able to learn, develop and progress over the coming years without the fear of hitting a glass ceiling. The company aims to maintain their current growth trajectory, providing ample opportunity for the incoming Development Accountant.
They are looking for somebody with the following skills and qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant with at least one year's post-qualification experience
- Knowledge of the real estate development sector
- Strong reporting and consolidation experience is crucial for this role
- Exposure to the month-end closedown and reporting requirements
- Prior experience using Xero would be preferred but is not a prerequisite
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus structure, the client offers other benefits such as:
- Hybrid working (up to two days working from home)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Private health insurance plus much more
If this role sounds exciting to you and you feel you possess the right skills and experience to be a valuable addition to the team then please feel free to apply. Alternatively if you would like to have a confidential chat about the position in more detail then call Joseph Morris at deverellsmith.