- Posted 12 January 2022
- SalaryMarket related
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameLouise Hall
deverellsmith are proud to have partnered with a leading London based SME developer now looking to hire a Development Director, with a strong background in Planning
Our Client strive to improve lives, not just their customers lives but also their employees. Does a brand who genuinely cares about all of its stakeholders sound attractive? They have invested into the business with a clear goal of creating a positive workspace, providing clear paths to progression, all within a profitable environment.
As Development Director your key objectives will be:
- To lead and evolve the development function to exceed business plan delivery through planning permissions, and optimising land well by adding value at each stage of their development cycle.
- Working symbiotically with the Land Origination Director to ensure sites are acquired which meet business plan and are bought well
- To promote a culture of becoming the partner of choice with landowners, local authorities, Government organisations and Registered Providers, all whilst promoting the business in the marketplace to increase visibility and key messages
- To be an integral part of the Leadership team, supporting the grown and development of the business.
- Supporting the land team to meet the business plan including development of clear exit strategies
- Creating an exceptional team who are clear in the requirements and objectives of the business
- To ensure a seamless Land / Development and Development / Production handover process
- Develop relationships with registered providers, agents, ‘runners’ and end users
- Cultivate a family of consultants that are the best in class, meet our skill and will assessment
- Add value through optimisation / rationalism /evolution of our developments
- Develop robust and deliverable planning strategies with risks clearly identified
- Monitor and report against budgets, programmes, and targets
- Develop good working knowledge of the political landscape and create relationships at local, regional, and national level
- Consider routes into alternative markets and have a working understanding of demand and exit plans