- Posted 23 November 2021
- Salary£60k - 70k per year
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameCraig Douglas
Are you interested in working for a company that challenges the status quo and helps their clients get the most out of their property materially, financially, and emotionally?
Are you an experienced Development Monitoring Surveyor looking to develop your skills in a particular specialism within the field of construction. You will be working within a dedicated team undertaking instructions on Residential, Retail, Healthcare, Office, Commercial and Leisure developments. You will require excellent relationship management skills, working as part of a focused team
deverellsmith have partnered with a forward thinking, progressive company that employ over 200 staff in the UK and serve a wide range of clients across several areas, including commercial and residential consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales and lettings. Due to their success, they are taking on more and more work and are looking to expand...
They are proud of their flexible approach to work and offer a hybrid set up where your home location in or around the outer London area should not be a barrier to undertaking this role – they are flexible on where you work, noting that you need to spend time in the office.
• You will typically be advising Clients as part of a full initial review of development proposals, reporting and advising on all aspects of the delivery of a real estate development (developer credentials, financing, budget appraisals, programme, design, statutory consents, third party legal agreements, site investigations and construction commercial set up) and identifying development risks, with advice feeding into the structuring of transactions.
• This is then followed by monthly monitoring of the development, approving draw-downs from the agreed fund, progress and how the various risks and challenges in the development process are being managed.
• To perform Bank Loan monitoring control work for a range of Banks and Funders.
• The role requires a practical understanding of construction with a bias towards residential new build and refurbishment.
• Strong communication skills, you will have the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
• You will be accurate and have an attention for detail.
• You will enjoy working with a level of autonomy and being part of a team environment.
• A 50/50 split of site visits and office report writing.
• Independent working environment within a small dedicated team.
• Daily site visit as and when required throughout each offices area of operation .
• Produce written reports on the viability of a development project (Initial report) and Budgetary control, quality, progress, insurances, contracts and adherence to statutory procedures (Interim Reports).
• Agreeing and authorising interim valuations for release of funds by the Banks.
• Building related qualification, MRICS or MCIOB
• Full clean driving licence
• Budget estimating, budgetary control and pricing experience.
• Preparing and agreeing interim valuations
• A firm understanding of costs associated with construction
• Good practical knowledge of the construction process on site
• Good working knowledge of JCT Building Contracts
• A strong understanding of development procurement
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to organise own workload and work to deadlines
• Ability to communicate at a professional level with both construction and non-construction individuals
• Experience in constructing and preparing detailed written reports
• Ability to defend your written report under scrutiny and if necessary, explain via evidence any changes deemed necessary
• Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel
Car allowance c£5,000