Estate Manager - Multifamily
- Posted 21 April 2023
- Salary£50000 - £60000 per annum + 10% bonus
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameRoss McEwan
As an Estates Manager, you will work as part of the Estates Management Team with responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day operations and ensuring that all services and activities are carried out efficiently, enabling profitable operation of the Estates. You will lead on the business Estates across the Multifamily portfolio. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all stakeholders as well as collaborating with Operational, Development, Legal and Finance colleagues to negotiate the best outcomes for the business delivering excellent customer service to all residents, contractors and visitors.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Acts as a role model at all times by demonstrating the core values
- Supports with the supervision of agreed Contractor SLAs
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the businesses Multifamily Estates
Supporting with the budgets and service charge of the estate including 3rd party developers,
- retail, commercial, energy centre and other 3rd parties.
Supporting with the managing of and owning the service charge pack, service charge
- reconciliation and service charge wash up process. Including RICS / ARMA Service Charge
- Code of Practices.
Communicate with customers, building meaningful business relationships organising regular
- meetings and engagement forums with occupiers that further develops relationships and
- occupier satisfaction.
Develop and maintain security procedures especially the business continuity plan; to review
- and implement lock-down procedures and communicate to occupiers & ensure adequate provision is made for emergency and out of hours cover, especially in relation to security, maintenance and cleaning.
Manage estate-wide contracts including but not limited to cleaning, security, hard and soft landscaping, electrical, M&E, H&S etc.
- Take ownership of and fully resolve issues in a timely fashion all physical standards and procedures, occupier queries or complaints and any other event that may affect the normal operations
- Manage all service providers in maintaining the Estates to the highest of standards for all occupiers, visitors, and guests
- Manage direct reports effectively, delegating tasks as appropriate; undertake annual and periodic performance reviews in a timely fashion
- Manage site regulations and procedures and issue permits to work for all monitor contractor activities on site, ensuring reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that the procurement of all supplies and services as part of the Estates Services is undertaken in accordance with Client instructions and business procurement practices to ensure the highest standards for the best price.
- Complete monthly financial reports and attend monthly finance meetings.
- Prepare monthly maintenance, management and performance indicator reporting to meet
- stakeholder requirements including Investors and Compliance reporting (Health and Safety
- and Statutory Authority) .
Complete various financial, accounting, narrative, administrative and other reports and analysis and duties as assigned or necessary for the successful execution of the business plans. Organisational Responsibilities:
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organisational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Demonstrates appropriate safe behaviours in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement, offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity, and implements ideas that achieve operational excellence.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes.