We have been retained by a construction business to recruit a financial controller who has the desire to progress to FD over circa the next 3 years.
Managing a small, dedicated finance team the financial controller will ensure both management and statutory financial information is both accurate and insightful.
Key elements of the role are:
- Promote strong financial management and control.
- Responsible for compliance with all technical aspects of accounting.
- Develop, implement, challenge and review structures and processes.
- Produce timely and accurate statutory accounts, management accounts and any other required MI.
- Assist with the annual budget and ongoing performance throughout the year.
- Daily monitoring of cash to include cashflow forecasting.
- Day-to-day responsibility for overseeing payroll (both salaried and fortnightly paid).
- Compliance with all HMRC reporting requirements and deadlines across PAYE, NI, CIS, VAT and Corporation Tax.
- To be the prime point of contact for liaison with external audit.
We seek a confident, proactive, organised, qualified finance professional who has experience operating as a number 2 in finance, ideally within the construction sector. To be successful, good communication skills to build positive relationships at all levels within the organisation is essential as well as the ability to assimilate and analyse data to identify trends and themes. There is a genuine opportunity for this role to develop to an FD position within 2 -3 years.
Interested candidates should contact Richard Baker or Joseph Morris at deverellsmith in the first instance and include a current cv and remuneration details.
Job has Expired