Are you interested in joining a growing business in which you can work closely with the Directors to help shape the future success of the brand? We are working exclusively with an estate agency that has very impressive staff retention rates and demonstrates the fantastic working environment they have been able to create.
This newly created Financial Controller position will oversee a small client accounting team but the primary focus will be on supporting senior stakeholders to achieve their future growth objectives. The role duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with senior leadership team to help establish best-practice process and procedures for the accounts team to facilitate future growth plans
- Oversee all financial controls, reporting critical information on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Reviewing market trends in order to set budgets for the wider business, reporting any variances to the board
- Liaise with the board regarding developing strong financial controls for the wider business
- Undertake financial analysis regularly and adjust cash flow projections
- Coordinate with external accountants providing necessary documents
This position requires somebody that able to take ownership over the finance function, in return the business will provide opportunity to develop whilst offering flexibility to make the role your own. If you are looking for a role in you can affect the business direction through heavy involvement in strategic decision then this role could be perfect for you.
The position requires somebody with the following skills and previous experience:
- You must be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with 0 - 3 years PQE
- Previous experience within the real estate sector in the UK is essential, ideally within an estate agency, is preferable
- Prior experience within a Finance Manager / Financial Controller position with management responsibilities would be ideal
- An ability to communicate with senior stakeholders is vital for this position
If you are interested in this position and fulfil the criteria then please feel free to apply. Alternatively if you would like to know more information about the role then contact Joseph Morris at deverellsmith for a conversation.