- Posted 06 January 2023
- Salary£70000 - £75000 per annum + Discretionary Bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameWesley Beckenham
This is an exciting opportunity to take on the General Management of a truly impressive Co-Living Asset in North London, managing the day to day operations of the building whilst leading on the creation of a multicultural community of residents. Our client are looking for an experienced General Manager from within Co-Living, Build to Rent or PBSA.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for the on-site operations and performance of the asset and all on-site teams. You will be a skilled manager used to working with large teams and complex buildings. You will have an extensive knowledge of BTR/co-living/ hospitality operations and a track record of success in a similar role. You will need to hit the ground running and be the figurehead of a well known and stabilised co-living asset with plenty of opportunities for further improvement, putting member experience at front and centre of your approach.
You will be comfortable presenting and answering to board level internally and externally and bring in new ideas and initiatives to continue growth of revenues and retention. Motivating and improving the existing team, you will be able to train and develop future heads of department and managers. We run an extensive and varied programme of events and experiences for all our members, co-ordinating and motivating the team to ensure these are managed professionally.
A strong knowledge of relevant health and safety procedures and practices is essential, and an eye for detail to ensure standards and compliance is maintained is critical.
- Responsible for the day to day operation and performance of the site and all on-site staff members
- Ensuring occupancy, financial and compliance targets are consistently hit and performance is monitored and recorded
- Ensure the building is presentable and monitored by all staff on-site, define and maintain service standards and develop a culture of service throughout the whole team. Ensure that the building meets all statutory compliance, health and safety requirements at all times
- Carrying out monthly one-to-ones with all direct line reports and undertaking annual appraisals for all staff members. Developing and upskilling wherever possible
- Ensure that the training of the team is up to date and that any new starters are trained and inducted competently, including any on-site teams. Staying up to date with industry and legislative changes and rolling out updates and training where necessary
- Manage and monitor KPIs for maintenance and housekeeping teams, coordinate periodic inspections and assessments around the building
- * Ensure that processes, procedures and policies are in place and followed correctly. Review and update these processes where necessary. Manage a document library of these processes
- * Understanding client requirements and ensure that all KPIs and SLAs are met, ensure lean operating costs and increased income wherever possible
- * Work closely with the accounts teams to ensure that financial records are correct in order to produce accurate reporting Review performance of site teams regularly to ensure financial targets are being met. Review month end financial performance and present this to the client, setting operational budgets and tracking spend versus budget on a regular basis
- * Ensure that all council licences are in place including (but not limited to) HMO licences, selective licences & community initiatives. Ensure that any Local Authority Notices or Environmental Health Notices are resolved and/or complied with
- Ensure that the team understand all tenant, license and lease requirements
- Working closely with the member experience team to improve community engagement, customer experience, and to ensure a smooth customer journey
- Demonstrate a passion for culture and events, leading the team to concept and deliver a compelling programme of member engagement that sets the development apart
- To remain flexible to meet the demands of an agile business
- A strong customer or resident service background, improving internal and external satisfaction
- Experienced in commercial and financial performance, including
- operational expenditure, capital expenditure and revenue management
- An ability to influence a range of stakeholders from maintenance operatives, members and board directors
- Experience in providing solutions to management and facilities issues
- A sound understanding of risk controls, processes, measures and related MI/reporting
- An understanding of ESG and how it is applied to a residential community
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.