Our client specialises in making premium industrial warehouses and business parks across Europe. They are looking for a Group Head of Project Controls based in Europe that will take on overall responsibility and leadership for the Delivery Project Controls team which includes direct and indirect reports for planning, risk, cost, reporting, baseline, and change management.
- Leadership and management - motivating and supporting Project Control Teams and individuals within those teams.
- Diagnosing performance issues, developing, and implementing action plans.
- Allocating Project Control resources, carefully balancing demand with capacity and relative priorities.
- Manage and oversee the activities of Lead Planners, Project Managers, Risk Managers, Cost/Commercial Managers to ensure compliance with the contract requirements.
- Management of the Baseline & Change process within the Delivery Team to ensure the governance is in place for implementing the Main Works Contractors change requests, in time to ensure the contract requirements are achieved.
- Group responsibility over the Project Controllers for opening, up-dating, monitoring, and closing of construction budgets. Ensuring that appropriate KPIs are deployed that accurately reflect progress and performance.
- Identification of trends, analysis of variances and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensuring a strong focus on proactive risk and opportunity management, including identification and support to the resolution of cross-portfolio risks/issue themes with identification and tracking of cross-portfolio dependencies.
- Ensuring resource forward load is accurate and timely, including the analysis of resource profiles (labour and material) and making recommendations to reconcile anomalies and improve deployment.
- Support the development and lead on the implementation of project control processes and systems within a given project that are compliance with applicable project controls framework.
- Lead on the development, review and reporting of the project delivery baseline programme and annual Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture to Project Control processes: creating innovative solutions to improve efficiency.
- Support ad-hoc duties that will be consistent with the nature of a Group Head of PMO position to include coaching and guiding Project Controllers and Project Control Teams on best practise.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with Chartered status and/or educated to degree level
- 10 years plus of experience in a similar position with international experience within a Real Estate Company / Developer.
- Exceptionally well organised with an aptitude for data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative
- Good relationship and a strong verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work independently in a flexible environment
- Proficient user of MS Office. Microsoft Dynamics (Axapta), IBM Tririga and Reporting.CZ knowledge will be an asset