- Posted 06 June 2022
- Salary£45000 - £50000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameIsabella Richards
Are you a qualified accountant in real estate and want to work with one of London's leading bespoke property advisors? Our client is expanding their Financial Accounting team and are looking for someone who has solid all-round accounting knowledge in addition to service charge experience.
Who is the client and what do they do?
Our client is a successful, private practice, run by an experienced and proactive team. Their expertise includes residential and commercial property management, investment consultancy both in the UK and in Europe, leasing, sales, development, and professional advice including rent reviews and lease renewals. Their Property Portfolio Management System (PPMS) of QUBE is used extensively by their property managers, accounts and administrative staff and links all areas of their work.
What you'll do:
This role will involve responsibility for delivering a client accounting function in respect of service charges, rental income, and all aspects of client money handling as well as ensuring the overall integrity of data in the Qube Property Management system. Your key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Setting up new developments in Qube to include reviewing and coordinating the set-up of the service charges, rent and clients
- Ensuring all monies received and expended on behalf of company clients are accounted for correctly in accordance with RICS regulations and current Government legislation
- Reviewing and assisting with the production of annual service charge statements and correctly reflect the prevailing accounting standards and RICS code of practice
- Develop relationships with the key stakeholders both external and internal to improve communication and ensure accuracy, relevance, and timelessness of service charge statements
- Preparation and submission of HMRC VAT returns and bank reconciliation review and resolution of complex queries
- Liaising with leaseholders and clients regarding service charge and rental accounting
- QUBE system migration
- Project management
- Issuing of sales invoices for lettings, management fees and other income
What you'll bring:
The ideal candidate will ensure that all client accounting functions are processed in a timely manner and do not breach RICS codes of practice. You will have:
- 2 years relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of MRI Qube
- Line management
- Professional accountancy qualification preferable
If you feel you fit the above criteria and are looking to work with a growing business to further develop your career, please apply below. Alternatively, you can get in touch to discuss the position into more detail by calling Isabella Richards at deverellsmith.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.