Back to jobs
Head of Facilities & HSE (Hybrid Role)
- Posted 07 February 2023
- Salary£60000 - £65000 per annum + Discretionary Bonus + Hybrid Working
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameRoss McEwan
*HYBRID ROLE* - can be based anywhere in the UK
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine maintenance policy, strategy and objectives linked to organisational objectives and whole life considerations
- Implementing maintenance policy through establishing maintenance plans - to ensure agreed availability at a minimum resource cost
- Providing advice and recommendations on issues relating to the management of maintenance policy
- Develop and implement systems that will measure the performance of the maintenance organisation
- Interpret results from performance measurement of the maintenance organisation and provide reasoned advice and recommendations
- Co-ordinate, record and audit the delivery of all Planned and Preventative (PPM) and statutory maintenance across the schemes
- Work alongside local managers and staff to ensure a responsive, high quality reactive maintenance is delivered across the scheme.
- To implement a framework for and provide leadership on the maintenance of building infrastructure including structure, building envelope, internal fabric and mechanical & electrical services across our schemes nationally
- Oversee both in-house and outsourced technical and maintenance functions, always ensuring the highest quality of service
- Provide advice, support, monitoring and instruction for local facilities staff in the schemes in their discharge of facilities-related activities including, but not limited to, fire alarm testing, fire door inspections, operation of M&E systems (CCTV, BMS, access control etc), and liaison with contractors
- To act as the point of contact for locally delivered FM activities including action of recommendations arising from fire risk assessments, water hygiene risk assessments, health & safety audits and other external inspections.
- Ensure that all necessary staff are sufficiently trained and familiar with building infrastructure and hard services at the level required to discharge their duties.
- Ensure local arrangements and critical spares are in place to deal with unplanned interruptions to essential building services.
- Provide regular reports to senior management related to the status of the schemes, any associated risks and recommendations for life cycle planning and capital expenditure.
- Preparing cost reports or monitoring maintenance/capital and operating budgets, on works progress, showing any deviation from expected progress or expenditure
- Creation and implementation of life cycle plans alongside relevant colleagues
- Determine and implement the type of maintenance regime and organisation that is required, including CAFM/BIM requirement
- Determine appropriate contract strategies
- Identify opportunities for service level improvements and cost savings
- Manage the tender process
- Initiate contracted service provision effectively
- Manage contracts and resolve disputes
- Constantly explore opportunities to drive cost efficiencies via in sourcing v's outsourced solutions to deliver best in class services in the most efficient and effective manner possible
Health & Safety and Compliance
- Lead and monitor health, safety & compliance activities across the organisation in accordance with all relevant legislation
- Liaise with and provide guidance for local scheme staff and other relevant colleagues on H&S matters including the impact of design on operations, current legislation and embedding a positive health and safety culture.
Implement local procedures for the management of significant risks including those related to fire, asbestos,water hygiene
Ensure the Accident, Incident and Near Miss Reporting Procedure is followed locally and lead on the initial, firststage investigation of incidents as required
- Coordinate the organisation and evaluation of fire evacuation drills and testing of emergency procedures
- Carry out regular inspections and H&S audits across the schemes and ensure findings are actioned accordingly
- Drive the continuous improvement of H&S management systems and compliance standards across the schemes
Increase H&S awareness and promote a positive H&S culture throughout the local teams
- Liaise with regulatory authorities as required including HSE, local authorities, Environment Agency and Fire and Rescue Services
Project management and development
- Support and assist in the delivery of project works throughout the schemes including refurbishments, major works, building improvements and CapEx
- Provide input on data collection exercises feeding into project specification including local finishes and condition of building elements
- Completing of Design Risk Assessments of the proposed designs, to satisfy the requirements of the regulations, in connection with the future maintenance of the building
- Review O&M and handover documentation related to the above ensuring that day-to-day estate operations are adapted as required
- Lead on all facilities management areas during onboarding/ mobilisation of new schemes