Do you have a passion for the legal side of Property and a strong knowledge of property compliance?
What's in it for you?
- A salary of up to £60,000
- Working for a company who reward loyalty
- The opportunity to work directly with the MD and Directors of the business and be part of decision-making processes
- The opportunity to develop your management skills by having 1 direct report
Why this company?
This business specialise in Residential and Commercial property in Prime Central London and the surrounding areas. The team have a combined experience off 100 years in the London property market so you will be surrounded by incredibly knowledgeable individuals. High level customer service is at the forefront of their company ethos as the majority of their clients are HNWI.
What will you be involved in?
This position is integral to the business as you will be responsible for overseeing all the Legal and Compliance aspects. You will need to monitor, advise, and implements any legislative changes whilst overseeing the property compliance certificates.
- Monitoring Legislative Updates & DCLG directives via solicitor feeds, notify Directors & Heads of Depts, advise & train Lettings staff accordingly
- Advise landlords on their legal responsibilities and obligations and the documents/inspections required
- Managing ongoing mandatory company registration/memberships with regulatory organisations
- Managing annual Gas Safety inspections & 10yr EPC diary systems - instruct inspections as required
- Managing 5yrly Electrical Safety inspections & diary systems - instruct inspections as required
- Maintenance of the TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme) database to ensure compliance & minimise fees
- Fire safety compliance for buildings including quarterly inspections and reports for each building.
- Service of termination Notices (S8/S21) on tenants, drafting & issuing applications to the Courts for Possession Claims, liaising with solicitors & High Court Enforcement Officers to evict, as required
- Oversee end of tenancy deposit refunds, liaise with tenant & landlord to resolve any disputes, refund the balance within appropriate timescales, administer unresolved disputes via TDS where required
- Advising & working with Directors/Heads of Dept to ensure compliance with future legislation
- Obtain Land Registry searches for Directors & Lettings Dept as required.
- Administration of NEST software, problem solving, updates & Support
- Managing & developing internal property databases containing tenancy history for each property including scanned documents
- Small claims and money orders / raising to high court and instructing bailiffs
- Managing and organising buildings insurances including getting renewals pricing on buildings etc
- HMO licensing for properties as and when needed.
- Proof reading for directors as required
- Managing regular training of Lettings staff, random in-house exams as required
- Working with Directors & their PA on problem solving/general troubleshooting in the office, providing generalised support as required
What makes you the ideal applicant?
- You will need a strong understanding of both the legal and compliance side of property
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ideally an educational background in Law
- Experience with drafting legal documents
If you are interested in this position, please contact Anna Rickenberg on 0203 056 1211 |
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.