deverellsmith are exclusively representing a build to rent (BTR) developer, quickly growing in the UK, based in Birmingham.
They are looking for an Interim Finance Manager to join the team on a contract basis to help with the transition as they bring all their accounting function in house as well as implementing Dynamics 365.
- Responsible for accounting, internal financial and operational reporting to local management and Group, local statutory reporting requirements, budgeting, tax and VAT compliance.
- Ensure all local, regional and corporate reporting for country/entity is completed accurately and on time as required.
- Manage the revenue cycle including upload of tenant transactions from Arthur Online and Dynamics journal adjustments required to produce monthly revenue for accounting purposes.
- Review and approval of bank reconciliations.
- Manage the expenses cycle including review/approval of accruals for month-end reporting purposes. To include the review and approval of payment runs and transition of these in house from current supplier.
- Review and approval of VAT and CIS returns.
- Manage debt collection process including the review of the bad debt provision and liaison with external debt collection agency.
- Review and approval of month end balance sheet reconciliations including accruals and prepayments.
- Review/produce monthly actuals P&L consolidation in excel in line with Group reporting deadlines and Cognos coding/mapping expectations. Review external Finance providers monthly management accounts for reasonableness and correct coding where required.
- Contribute towards the monthly business review meeting presentation to the Group team and manage follow up actions accordingly. Conduct deviation analysis for actual vs budget and implement necessary actions to meet targets.
- Review/produce quarterly management accounts in Cognos in line with Group reporting deadlines and expectations.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budget deliverables in line with Group deadlines.
- Preparation and posting of intercompany recharge invoices - between UK entities and from Group entities to the UK.
- Liaise with tax advisors regarding efficient/tax compliant intercompany flows including consideration of 'CIR' rules. Understand and monitor the internal VAT grouping, cash flows, inter-company charges and cash upstreaming between our companies.
- Manage the annual statutory audit process to ensure filing within the 9 months local UK statutory deadline.
- Manage any KYC requests and bank account opening requirements. Treasury and cash management including administration of bank account access for UK entities and preparing the weekly cashflow forecast submission to Group. Manage the compliance between Group and country management in terms of Capex and Opex accounts.
- Work with the wider property management team to implement controls & processes over tenant transactions and supplier transactions to ensure all transactions are properly recorded and reported on a monthly basis.
- Work with the Operations team to complete Group sustainability reporting requirements
- Manage the annual UK corporation tax process to ensure external providers file on our behalf within the 12 month local UK deadline. To ensure all UK corporation tax payments are made on time.
- Be a business partner that helps analyse business performance and contributes to improving our financial results and cost control.
- Assist with the preparation of reports for the management team as well as investors.
- Conduct analysis and controlling - forecast vs actual e.g. Property, per qm, per segment, NOI 1 and 2 level. Follow up on KPI development. Ensure accurate and timely reporting quarterly.
- Contribute towards acquisition appraisals and integration planning.
- Manage the workload and contribute towards the development of the accounting specialist. Liaise with the Head of Finance to ensure sufficient resources are in place (either in house on a permanent and/or temporary basis) or sufficient activities are outsourced to ensure all deliverables are met in line with Group & UK management expectations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- ACCA / ACA qualified.
- Big 4 experience.
- Real estate experience preferred.
- Dynamics 365 knowledge.
The ideal candidate will be able to start ASAP and be commuting distance to central Birmingham. The role does have a potential of becoming a permanent position too.
Get in touch today if this sounds like the next role for you.
Job has Expired