Investment Senior Analyst/Associate
Deverellsmith has partnered with a UK-based Build-to-Rent developer, investor, and operator. It was co-founded by real estate industry heavyweights and is well-capitalized with backing from leading international institutions.
Our client is launching out a UK wide portfolio of branded, professionally managed Build-to-Rent assets. The product, designed to meet the needs of the Millennial & Gen-Z renter demographic, provides a differentiated offering with exceptional amenities, seamless renting experience, and strong ESG credentials.
They will be rolling out over 5000 apartment units over the next 5 years, and expanding its core team to support its business growth.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of residential or 'alternative/living' real estate asset classes, a skillset featuring excellent financial analysis and previous exposure to relevant investment strategies, as well as excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Supporting acquisition, development, and portfolio management activities within the investment team
- Assessing new investment opportunities and producing clear summaries for decision-making
- Building, updating, and amending complex financial models for new and existing opportunities
- Conducting market research, including comparable analysis, micro and macro location analysis, and monitoring the UK Build-to-Rent sector
- Preparing investment opportunity decks, Board presentations, and quarterly reports
- Opportunity to get involved across the business, life-cycle, and up to Board level.
- 2-6 years of experience in an equivalent or similar, real estate investment role
- Degree educated
- Experience in the residential sector or 'alternative/living' real estate sectors is desirable
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Judgement and common-sense
- Good commercial instincts and high attention to detail
- Excellent financial modeling skills, with ability to build complex models from scratch are required, and will be tested
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-starting attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.
If this role seems of interest to you, please do not hesitate to contact me on:
Jake Mcmonagle, Principal Consultant Real Estate
T: 07827 011252