Legal and Compliance Manager - £50k - 60k
Hybrid working - Home and London offices
This role is working alongside the management team of an estate agency franchise group helping to support and advise their 100+ franchisees on legislation, obligation, breaches of contract and when appropriate being the go-between with external lawyers and advisers. Reporting to the Head of Legal they will been self sufficient most of the time and need to have the confidence and knowledge to be able to speak with franchisees about legal matters.
- Working hours - 9am to 6pm full time
- Hybrid - min 3/4 days a week in the office (based between Charring Cross and Piccadilly Circus)
- Holiday entitlement - 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Pension - NEST - 3% contribution from employer
- Additional benefits - additional discretionary leave for birthday, and between Christmas and New Year (when the office is usually closed), paid practising certificate (if relevant), paid NAEA and ARLA membership (if relevant), training allowance for CPD membership purposes.
- Iphone, laptop and printer for work purposes will be provided
- Contracts Manager
- Senior Legal Assistant
- Experienced in-house Para legal
- Part qualified or newly qualified (NQ) in-house Solicitor
- Assistant company secretary/similar
- (Legal as a second career ? Returnee to legal world/estate agency?)
- Law degree (or other degree + law conversion course)
- part qualified (GC can provide qualification training) or Newly qualified (NQ) lawyer
- CGI/ICSA qualified or part-qualified
- Excellent at written and spoken English
- Good at Excel, power point, word
- Self-sufficient with confidence, experience and knowledge to be able to deal with a variety of senior business professionals and business owners
- Hard worker who enjoys being busy, is happy to embrace challenges and can use their initiative.
- previous work experience in the estate agency sector, in a compliance or legal role or assistant company secretarial role, working with property professionals in either residential sales, lettings or property management
- experience of dealing with business owners, senior management, board members, external lawyers, accountants and finance personnel
- experience drafting letters and emails of a business and/or legal nature, interpreting legislation/regulation for lay colleagues, writing policy for the lay franchisee manual and therefore attention to detail.
Job has Expired