- Posted 07 July 2022
- Salary£30000 - £35000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameWesley Beckenham
Do you want to work for an award winning Build to Rent development near Southwark?
Would you like to work for a customer and employee focussed company?
Are you an experienced maintenance operative - currently working within the residential sector, hotels or serviced offices?
If so, this role should suit you!
To support the Estates Manager & Property Managers and Property Team in delivering the best experience for our Residents by completing planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance activities.
Facilities Management - reactive & preventive maintenance, Health and Safety
- Assist in the management of External Contractors, with site inductions, warranting Health & Safety procedures are always adhered to and ensuring compliance with Planned & Reactive Maintenance are conducted within a timely manner.
- During monthly turn arounds, works will include Painting & Decorating, Furniture assembly & disposal. Cleaning & Health & Safety inspections, where anomalies are reported to the Estates Management Team.
- Contribute to the delivery of key performance indicators within the portfolio
- Assist with the day-to-day management of reactive and preventative maintenance
- Provide support for electrical/plumbing repairs throughout the property portfolio
- Assist with flat turn arounds and undertake redecorating rooms and communal areas
- Undertake regular building patrols around the common areas and flats to identify any maintenance requirements or Health and Safety risks, and complete all resultant actions in accordance to the core operating procedures
- Undertake pre-move in checks and flat inspections and recording of same. Complete all resultant actions in a timely manner
- Undertake scheduled flat inspections during a resident's stay and recording of same. Complete all resultant actions in a timely manner
- Assist with reporting defects to the Estate Team
- Assist with keeping record, logs and monitoring any maintenance issues that may arise within the flats or common areas
- Adhere to our operating processes, business systems and standards
- Support the Estate Team in monitoring compliance with Planned and Reactive Maintenance procedures, such that buildings are safe for both our Residents and our Employees
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept for the all services, inc PAT testing and fixed wiring certification
- Assist with the general upkeep of the property (cleaning, external landscaping, etc.)
- Adherence to Health & Safety policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained/ maintained, and that safe systems of work are followed, inc Permit to Work
- Communicate effectively and courteously, whether face to face, via telephone or in writing, with Residents and colleagues, clearly understanding and responding to their needs
- Exercise initiative in responding to maintenance issues, liaising effectively with Estate and Property Managers and other colleagues
- Assisting with management of third-party contractors to ensure completion of work and adherence to site health and safety procedures
- Contribute to customer satisfaction with the brand
Develop & Manage Teams
- Support new members of the team, providing a warm welcome and supporting their development by answering questions and offering guidance
- Attend and constructively contribute to team meetings, sharing knowledge, developing, and supporting new ideas and improved processes
- Contribute and support the growth of team culture, working in line with the brand values and encouraging others to do the same
- At least 3-year domestic plumbing/general maintenance experience
- Previous experience in BTR/PRS, hotel or student accommodation building.
- Basic level skills in business operating systems including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable experience of effective communication both orally and in writing
- Qualified to NVQ level 2 in plumbing maintenance
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays
- Live within reasonable travel distance to the property
Job has Expired