- Posted 22 June 2022
- Salary£28000 - £33000 per annum
- LocationWest London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameRoss McEwan
Purpose of the Role:
You will support the Resident Managers and Customer Service & Sales Representative in delivering the best experience possible for our Residents. Crucial to the smooth running of the building, you will complete planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance activities; by using your hands-on skills and liaise with the relevant contractors for specific tasks.
A positive attitude towards a changing and fast-paced environment is essential - the right candidate needs to be customer-focused, adaptable to a range of duties and keen to problem solve. They should understand the importance of Health & Safety Regulations and take responsibility for carrying out tasks "the right way" to ensure a safe building environment. They must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision when carrying out day-to-day responsibilities.
The building has a small team based on site 6 days a week to assist residents, and occasional weekend work will be required.
- Exercise initiative in responding to maintenance issues, liaising effectively with Resident Managers and other colleagues and the Residents themselves.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of reactive and preventative maintenance
- Assist with managing the buildings repairs email inbox - responding to enquiries and attending to maintenance issues when required
- Provide support for electrical/plumbing repairs throughout the property
- Share responsibility for the regular Health & Safety checks in the building including fire alarms and emergency lighting checks
- Manage end of tenancy turnarounds at the end of the month - carrying out routine maintenance jobs required and redecorating in flats and communal areas.
- Undertake regular building patrols around the common areas and flats to identify any maintenance requirements or Health and Safety risks, and complete all resultant actions in accordance with the core operating procedures
- Undertake pre-move in checks and recording of same. Complete all resultant actions in a timely manner
- Assist with keeping record, logs and monitoring any maintenance issues that may arise within the apartments and common areas
- Support the Estate Team in monitoring compliance with Planned and Reactive Maintenance procedures, such that buildings are safe for both our Residents and our Employees
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept for all servicing, including fire alarm testing, PAT testing and fixed wiring certification
- Assist with the general upkeep of the property (cleaning, litter-picking, external landscaping, etc.)
- Adherence to Health & Safety policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained/ maintained, and that safe systems of work are followed, inc Permit to Work
- Communicate effectively and courteously, whether face to face, via telephone or in writing, with Residents and colleagues, clearly understanding and responding to their needs
- Exercise initiative in responding to maintenance issues, liaising effectively with Resident Managers and other colleagues
- Proactively find ways to help residents maintain and take care of their apartment, giving guidance and assistance where required.
- Assisting with management of third-party contractors to ensure completion of work and adherence to site health and safety procedures