Summary of Position:
The Maintenance Operative oversees and performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the community, meets standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks. Primary responsibilities include maintenance of the community, including overall inspections, repairs, and general maintenance of ready apartments and other interior/exterior areas and supporting PPM related duties.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
We've summarised here some of the day to day functions of the role:
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the apartment community's grounds, amenities, building exteriors, ready apartment interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central rubbish areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community's and Company's standards
- Oversees and completes the "make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartments for leasing and check-ins by completing the inspections, creating a list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work
- Periodically inspects work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials and works with Community Manager to order supplies and tools as needed to stay within the budget
- Completes documentation and other paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Completes monthly Preventative Maintenance procedures as outlined by the Community Manager and Facilities Manager
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with H&S regulations, organisational standards, and operational processes
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment damage, teams/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues appropriately
- Conducts routine and periodic community inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the community in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the community appropriately.
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions and recommendations to improve efficiency and productivity
- Completes documentation and other paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented, tracked and completed.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all time
- Organise and manage the day to day works orders within sites in order of importance and requirement to complete
- Liaise with site team and community manager to ensure and promote good communication to residents at all times
- Checking and controlling department stock & stores including tools and equipment highlighting any discrepancies and issues
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service in line with all team members on brand standards, meeting and greeting the guests
- Carrying out quality inspections on completed jobs, report back and update to the Line Manager regarding current and pending jobs
- Liaise with any external contractors and suppliers as required
- Attending operations meeting as required
- Minimum of two years of experience in property management maintenance or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Building Services and parts
- IT skills including MS Word, Excel & Outlook (training will be provided for our internal database system)
- Ability to complete handy man duties.
- Certified electrician (preferable or other trade qualification)
Health & Safety, Security:
- Understand your role and responsibilities in terms of Health & Safety Policy
- To be fully aware of and adhere to the health and safety regulations concerning your employment and promote a safe environment for yourself, your colleagues and our guests
- To be aware of the departmental risk assessments and their importance in accident/incident prevention. To discuss with managers any reviews, especially after an accident has occurred
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for fire, health and safety, hygiene, liquor licensing, disability and employment laws