Are you an experienced Maintenance Operative / Handyman?
Do you want to work at a brand new, high-end Build to Rent development and join a great team?
If so, this could be a great role for you!
Maintain all the community assets and materials in good, and appropriate condition to provide the client, GM team and resident with the environment commensurate with the brand expectations. Provide first line response to all building support requests and work orders raised by residents and GM team. Give elementary technical advice and support to the operations team or escalate to specialist when necessary. Oversee and carry out fabric and minor repairs to the amenity / communal area/spaces.
- Check the work order system daily for current and future works
- Provide timely updates, closure for all work orders
- Liaise with the Building Manager to prioritise workload accurately
- Act at the initial emergency support for water leaks etc
- Carry out decoration and repairs to homes within 5 days ready for letting
- Reactive fabric and decoration work in amenity / common space
- Lighting checks and replacement of light bulbs
Health and Safety
- Carry out daily visual checks to ensure life safety equipment such as refuge intercoms, fire panels, lift intercoms and notices such as direction signs and mandatory signs continue to meet the relevant fire strategy standards
- Adhere and abide to all H&S information, instruction and training
- Issue minor access permits to third party contractors
- Ensure all PPE, safety signage, barriers etc is available and used correctly
- Keep all work areas clean, tidy and safe always
- Comply with all current UK H&S legislation and best practice
- Report any non-compliance items to the relevant team
- Manage any waste arising from works are disposed of ethically and in accordance with company policy
Third party contractors + Planned Works
- Escort visiting maintenance engineers whilst on site
- Report in advance all disruptive maintenance tasks
- Log and record all third-party site visits on the site register
- Monitor and report any planned maintenance that are missed
- Report any pertaining issues on site to third party contractors
Building Plant Rooms and Support Areas
- Keep all plant rooms and maintenance areas in good condition
- Ensure all risers and areas remain clear and clean
- Act as envoy when required to deal with supply disruption
- Liaise with operations team to actively manage the supplier performance record
- Provide service improvement and insight to site operations teams as required.
Customer Service / Team Player
- To act as a role model for the values and key behaviours across the organisation.
- Able to work as a team but can also work without direct super vision
- To ensure effective two-way communication, promoting a truly motivated team with positive staff engagement
If you're looking for a role that uses your previous experience and feel that you suit this position - please apply!
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.