- Posted 30 August 2022
- SalaryUp to £28000 per annum + + bonus
- LocationEast London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameRoss McEwan
Are you a skilled maintenance operative looking for a new challenge in a sector that is growing? If you are wanting great progressive opportunities for your career alongside the chance to work for a well established organisation, look no further!
As "maintenance technician" you will contribute to an exceptional resident experience alongside the General Manager through the provision of a high standard of repairs, maintenance tasks, planned and unplanned works and statutory compliance of the building fabric and mechanical and electrical systems. You will inspect and diagnose faults, in addition to undertaking minor day to day repairs and decoration to the building(s), grounds and equipment.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Works as part of the team to ensure all our residents enjoy a high level of cleanliness throughout their community.
- Communicates effectively with residents, clients, contractors and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of maintenance issues and using initiative to respond accordingly.
- Monitors and maintains the electronic maintenance reporting system, ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Promotes customer satisfaction by providing regular updates to residents regarding ongoing or delayed maintenance issues.
- Administers all property maintenance & records in accordance with business policies & procedures
- Maintains a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Maintains adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
- Diagnoses and undertakes repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing, joinery and carpentry, painting/decorating and lighting; or organises and oversees repairs to completion if referred to contractors.
- Understands and responds to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Reports any incidents or accidents to the General Manager using the correct system and documentation
- Moves furniture and heavy items around site as required
- Ensures all communal areas of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Coordinates and accompanies external Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works on site
- Liaises with relevant team members within Estates Management or Operations teams to ensure transparency and clear communication when works are taking place.
- Monitors Sub-Contractors performance to standard and retains accurate records of their site operations
- Highlights and assists with the management of any community works.
- Assists the Community Manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Ensures annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Manages and maintains all statutory testing records, utilising other team members where appropriate
- Carries out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Ensures the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Practices safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines
- Is available on call out of hours to respond to emergency situations to resolve problems or contact contractors to address
- Reviews site risk assessments
- Seeks to maximise efficiency of utilities
- A reasonable level of general education educated to O' Level / GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirements on site
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building, e.g. plumbing or electrical, is essential.
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Positive approach and ability to work on own initiative
if you feel your experience is a good fit, please get in touch now.