- Posted 24 April 2022
- Salary£50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameJoseph Morris
Are you looking to work for a company that offers a role with variety as well as valuable exposure to the senior leadership team. Working closely with the Head of Finance, this real estate investor, developer and manager is looking for a Management Accountant to join their finance team.
Based in the heart of Central London our client is looking for a qualified accountant, ideally from a practice background to join the company. They have a phenomenal reputation of working on flagship developments in and around London with a pipeline of opportunities across the residential and commercial space.
Due to the broad nature of the role and small team, they are looking able to offer a strong technical accounting with business partnering skills to maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What will the role involve on a day-to-day basis?
- Due to the nature of the finance team the main responsibilities will be broad and dependent on the specific business requirements at that time, however it will primarily include the following duties:
- Production of the statutory year-end and management accounts
- Assisting in assessment of potential investment opportunities
- Main point of contact for all managing agents allocating of Managing Agent funds
- Rent cash flow forecasting
- Maintaining the Capital Expenditure report
- Overseeing the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Production of various management and board reports
- Assist Head of Finance with adhoc duties and year end procedures
- Management of property management accounting and company accounting software
What do I need in terms of previous experience and qualifications?
In terms of qualifications, the candidate would ideally be a qualified accountant, ideally from a practice background. If you are qualified by experience your application will be considered if you have significant real estate sector experience, commercial or residential.
From a skills perspective, our client is looking for the following:
- An ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel - at least to intermediate level
- Ability to provide accurate operational and financial reporting skills in a timely manner
Our client is looking for a collaborative team-player who can think about the best interests of the wider business. As the business is growing at a fast pace, they are looking for an individual with a proven track record of providing support to other business areas working closely with senior management teams.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please feel free to apply now. Alternatively, if you would like to know more information about the position then call Joseph Morris at deverellsmith to discuss further.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.