- Posted 28 April 2022
- Salary£55000 - £70000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameCraig Douglas
Are you a design-led Stage 3 Architect who has experience creating convincing CGI projects?
deverellsmith have partnered with a forward thinking, progressive company with over 40 years of running successful property portfolios, with conversions into luxury residential and commercial spaces. Though they continue to expand in size, they retain their family feel with a great culture and office
Their projects consist mostly of residential refurbishments and new builds of luxury apartments, or high-end conversions of office to residential. Typical contract values range from c. £3m to £40m, and include basement digs, refurbishments, and full fit outs.
As the Architect you will be part of their multi-disciplinary development team, working within the Land Team alongside Design, Acquisition and Planning team leaders.
Experience working on the design of residential and/or commercial schemes. (Stages 0-3/4)
- Essential to have a minimum of 2-3 years' office/practice experience and demonstrate work from residential developments (preferable Developer or Consultancy)
- Experience in space planning and massing development for medium to large mixed-use schemes.
- Ability to undertake feasibility studies with detailed floor plans for prospective sites is essential.
- A good competence level with Revit/BIM is desired.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (exceptional Photoshop and InDesign skills)
- Experience using AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Ability to create convincing CGIs and experience with rendering plug-ins such as VRay/ Enscape etc.
- Prepare and submit Planning Applications and Pre-Applications (Developing Design & Access statements, Concept packs etc.) to include:
- Working up sketch schemes in preparation for submission
- Modelling in 3D and converting to 'in-house' artistic visualisations. (CGI/mixed media)
- Capable of creating site analysis, design strategy and other diagrams
- Well-versed in façade design and development through the iterative process
- Good knowledge of key planning constraints including: overlooking, rights to light, daylight/sunlight, relationships with neighbours etc.
- Assist with the production of GAs, feasibility reports, area schedules, presentations & other reports required for the Planning process.
- Ability to work in a close-knit multicultural office
- Must have immaculate verbal and written communication.
- Hands on 'can-do' attitude with strong work ethic and commitment to producing high quality assistance to the senior team.
- Able to juggle multiple projects/workflows and manage time well in order to hit key deadlines/milestone issues.
- Attention to detail and quality controlling work prior to review with wider internal team.
- Experience in co-ordination between the wider Design team/Consultants
Salary and Incentives
- c£55,000-£70,000 per annum
- Discretionary bonus