I have a fantastic opportunity available for a senior planning professional interested in creating and heading up a planning department for an award-winning SME developer that focuses on premium residential and commercial developments.
The business's new Planning Director will take a leading role within the business and help drive future growth. By taking planning in house. This opportunity would suit someone who wants to take a step up in their career and work within a highly successful collaborative team.
This development agency builds prime developments across the capital, so you'll get to work on a variety of interesting, high-quality projects, although this is a small family office, they have very ambitious plans and the comes with a high degree of autonomy.
What's in it for you
- Salary up to 120k + bonus, dependant on experience.
- Opportunity to create and take ownership of your own department.
- Work for an ambitious business with a supportive working culture.
- Manage and contribute technical expertise to the preparation, implementation and presentation complex and sensitive professional planning projects for the Group.
- Consider, initiate, and lead planning and design strategies to enhance existing permissions.
- Represent the Group at public meetings and public enquiries.
- Provide expertise toward the determination of planning and related applications and to contribute to negotiations to secure Group objectives.
- Undertake consultation and engagement on all applications including meeting with LPA's, attending committee meetings, public meetings and conducting appeals where appropriate.
- Keep the Group up to date on all planning and housing legislation and relevant policy updates and changes.
- Researching and preparing reports and analysis on relevant operations and activities with recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of planning, development and local government policies and procedures including recent developments, current literature and sources of information related to planning and housing law.
- Prior experience working for a private developer
- Previous experience working in London
- Knowledge of local government procedures and practices and possibly experience working at a senior level within one or more LPA's.
- Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments.
- RTPI Qualified
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.