Do you have experience delivering super prime residential projects in Central London? An opportunity has arisen for a Development Project manager to join one of the most well know developers in this space, who have successfully designed, developed, and marketed over £1.5bn of some of the finest and sought-after addresses London.
Deverellsmith are leading on the search for the Project Development Manager, who will come with a hands-on approach, to work within their development team and deliver prime/super-prime residential schemes and commercial schemes in Mayfair. You will need to demonstrate that you have tangible experience of development and delivery programmes and will be responsible for efficiently helping to plan, organise and support the building process of projects for the company.
- Attending client meetings and project meetings both internal and on site, and dealing with associated tasks and issues;
- Working to given milestones and handing over projects on time and within budget whilst achieving high quality finishes;
- Working with the teams to achieve a strong and effective programme delivery control;
- Setting high standards in setting mile stones, project monitoring, risk management, issues log and reporting;
- Developing and maintaining a wide variety of effective working relationships and external contacts;
- Assisting in management and coordination of the design team, consultants and contractors etc;
- Working with, motivating and inspiring the design team, external consultants and contractors to achieve programme deadlines;
- Project managing multiple aspects of delivery, working with clients and key stakeholders to positive effect ;
- Liaising on all levels to ensure effective communication is maintained;
- Ensuring an efficient and effective delivery of development management process;
- Communicating effectively in all forms, including written reports and presentations to external and internal stakeholders;
- Management retain the right to re-deploy Project delivery skills to new projects, when secured
- Degree level or above with a professional membership of recognised institute;
- A successful track record in project managing high-end residential and commercial sites;
- At least three years' experience in high end residential as a Development Manager;
- Strong knowledge of construction process, building code, and safety codes;
- Experience of value engineering;
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction techniques and methodologies;
- Effective negotiation, decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Comprehensive understanding of project management principles and risk analysis skills. A project management certificate an asset;
- Experience in dealing with standard forms of contract;
- Experience of dealing with internal and external consultants including legal teams and procurement;
- Proficient in reading drawings, specifications and knowledge of construction process;
- Proven risk assessment, monitoring and control skills with an understanding of delivering projects of scale within agreed programmes;
- Ability to think and work on both broad and longer term strategic initiatives, while also driving results on a detailed basis;
- Excellent English both in verbal and written communication skills;
- Commercially astute and polished;
- Flexibility - the capacity to work flexibly adjusting own priorities in order to provide optimum and effective support for the Development Team and projects;
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills;
- Outgoing, resilient, confident, "can do" nature;
- Ability to work calmly and maturely when under pressure;
- Strong team ethic along with the ability to work independently;
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities;
- Meticulous eye for detail / good proof reader / immaculate presentation of work.
- Strong ability to develop and build development programmes and comprehend construction programmes.
- Strong experience in monitoring development budgets, cashflow arrangements and project expenditure.