Are you looking for a new opportunity in which you will be a crucial factor in driving the future direction of the business? We are working with a leading residential real estate company looking to expand their presence in the UK and are looking for an Accountant based in Birmingham to help facilitate that growth.
The finance function is currently in its infancy, and this is a unique opportunity to work directly with the Head of Operations and shape the accounting function.
The role will include a broad range of duties including:
- Produce financial reports for investors and the management team for any accounting related topics
- Liaise with tax advisers regarding any potential issues to relating to cash flow and VAT grouping
- Implement processes and procedures to assist in building a best-in-class function
- Responsibility for reconciliations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Review work produced by the outsourced finance partner and ensure cooperation is strongly maintained
- Monitor rent invoices, following up on payments and bad debts, issuing inter-company invoices when necessary
If you are looking for a role in which your success and growth is self-determined the this is a role that is well suited. You can truly influence the processes and procedures set by the company that will facilitate the company fulfilling their ambitions over the coming years.
In terms of experience, our client is looking for somebody with the following skills and strengths:
- 3-5 years prior experience working within the real estate sector, ideally within residential or commercial property management industry
- Experience using Cognos would be ideal but exposure to other ERP systems will be considered
- A hunger to set the best possible standards is crucial for this role
- Prior exposure working within a growing business would be ideal given the necessity to set up new process within the organisation
If this position sounds exciting to you and you have the previous experience and skills required, then please apply now. Alternatively, if you would like to know more information about the position then contact Joseph Morris at deverellsmith for a further discussion.