- Posted 20 September 2022
- Salary£35000 - £40000 per annum + Discretionary Bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameWesley Beckenham
Are you an experienced Residential Maintenance Engineer, Operative or Manager?
Do you enjoy being resident facing whilst still conducting minor repairs and managing contractors across an estate of rental properties?
Do you want to work for a large, well-established and growing property management company?
If so this could be a great role for you!
Providing day to day maintenance management across a large, high-end estate of rental properties in Elephant and Castle, we are looking for a candidate who is able to take on minor repairs and manage/ supervise contractors working on larger projects across the portfolio.
This role is a Monday to Friday position, working 9am-5pm!
Purpose of the role
The role will be an estate services manager to oversee minor works, undertake appropriate repairs, monitor estate wide contracts and service delivery and be a customer focus point across the Estate
The purpose is to provide a comprehensive building maintenance service and customer service at the Estate.
The role will be customer facing and include fire alarm system monitoring & control, , key management, security checks, maintenance checks and H&S management, contractor management and undertake and number of repair and maintenance works accorss the portfolio
- Provide first class customer service to residents
- Monitor and manage the estate fire alarm system, control panel and actions. This will include checking alarms, resetting faults, fire evacuation management, liaison with residents, contractors and fire service.
- To undertake minor items of repair and maintenance to the properties, buildings and wider estate, including the minor repair of fixtures and fittings where necessary or as instructed by the client and/or facility manager.
- Responsible for all planned preventative maintenance on site, including but not limited to proactive and reactive work.
- To assist with minor plumbing matters including unblocking sinks and drains, tracing leaks and flushing through pipework in vacant properties.
- Regularly check external areas for any potential danger to people on site.
- Assist with deliveries and general office duties.
- To act as contact for residents to report maintenance issues and to arrange access where required.
- Co-ordinating all contractor appointments and logging issues in order that required service levels are attained
- To conduct and record regular monthly inspections of common parts and grounds to ensure there are no Health and Safety issues evident or any security concerns. To conduct and record inspections of vacant properties as necessary in order to comply with the client's insurance requirements
- Manage the estate key system, including ensuring complete adherence to sign out and sign in procedures. To release keys to contractors and residents as required and ensure that keys are returned within appropriate time frames.
- Meet and greet tenants who are moving in on evenings and weekends to welcome them and provide overview of the property, white goods and systems
- Ensuring communal areas and available apartments are well presented and appealing to prospective tenants at all times
- To escalate issues or incidents to the Portfolio Manager as appropriate, ensuring that incidents are recorded as per the company policy and that appropriate remedial or mitigation actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Monitor tasks and actions on Prism, or any other compliance monitoring software as per changing client or business requirements, ensuring that appropriate steps are taken to manage risk and comply with all statutory requirements. To enure that all outstanding tasks and actions.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and dynamic taking ownership of all of core duties
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including IOSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures.
- Literacy and Numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc.
- Able to regularly handle/carry items.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of Fire and H&S management and requirements
- Excellent communication skills displaying sensitivities to and understanding of residents' needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- IT Competent.
- Flexible and cooperative at all times, working as a member of a Team
- Use initiative and take responsibility for providing solutions
- Well-groomed and of smart appearance
- Dynamic approach, problem solving, well organized and ability to work well under pressure
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to be considered, please do apply!
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.