Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a resi-led investment and development firm, with a focus on sustainability and a net zero objective?
We are delighted to be working with our client, a provider of exceptional assets throughout the UK, on a retained and exclusive basis.
This role has a strong emphasis on assessing investment viability and managing the delivery of projects including working with investors, securing forward funding, lead on the debt structuring and contract negotiation.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the living sector and demonstrate sound market knowledge and judgement together with in-depth understanding of real estate transactions.
To apply for this role, the candidate must have 5+ years' experience in a relevant discipline such as acquisitions, investment, or development finance. You will be required to display excellent interpersonal skills and be able to form sound, professional relationships with delivery partners.
About the Role:
The role will include but is not limited to the following key activities:
- Sourcing of new development opportunities in accordance with the fund's strategic goals
- Asset management of existing residential and student portfolio
- Undertake initial feasibility and strategic development options assessment and subsequent detailed financial modelling;
- Preparation of board reports
- Negotiating terms for the acquisition of land or property and managing the purchase process
- Manage planning applications and project teams, that will also include engagement with local stakeholders as part of the public consultation and agreeing relevant legal contracts with the local authorities
- Provide on-going development management services throughout the design and construction process that will include the preparation of construction related contract documents with third party consultants and legal team
- Represent the Client in relation to the construction phase as required with financial lenders
- Review cash flow performance to ensure budgets are not being exceeded
- Preparation of monthly report to enable all related payments
Skills and Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to assist with commercial negotiations, communicate with stakeholders and effectively influence outcomes.
Our client is looking for someone with a flexible, positive, and motivated attitude who will be able to adapt and thrive in an environment where the workload is busy, varied and senior.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical, numeric, and problem-solving capabilities whilst being commercially astute, entrepreneurially minded and focused on delivery.