- Posted 25 April 2022
- Salary£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameJoseph Morris
Does the idea of working within a market leader within one of the most desirable asset classes excite you? As a result of increased acquisition activity, our client is looking to go their FP&A function and this role will be critical for future growth prospects.
Headquartered in Central London, they boast a strong presence across Europe that they are looking to increase over the coming years. They own, develop and manage assets within the commercial real estate sector and are looking for a Senior FP&A Manager to work closely with the CFO and Director of FP&A.
What makes this position stand out to others in the market?
This is a unique opportunity within one of the most desirable asset classes within the real estate sector. With an ability to boast a fantastic track record of growth over the last decade and equally ambitious plans moving forward. We believe this to be one of the most exciting opportunities currently in the market.
Our client has always prided themselves in hiring high calibre candidates across the business, making the team you will be joining extremely competent and primed to excel in the coming years. Are you looking for a team that drives the highest standards in everything they do? This could be the perfect opportunity for you.
What will the role involve?
Working closely with the development and asset management teams, you will be responsible for shaping the development reporting for the business. You will provide insight and data that will help drive key strategic decisions made by the company. The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Business partnering with the development and asset management teams to gain a detail understanding of all projects
- Embracing systems to extract critical data regarding assets
- Responsible for all reporting, budgets and forecasts for each development, assessing performance over time
- Create a model that will enable development performance to be easily tracked and monitored
- Work closely with analysts to review cash flow forecasts ensuring consistency is maintained across the portfolio
- Support valuations team to review asset values regularly
In this role you will be helping to manage and mentor junior members of the FP&A team so it will be critical to maintain high standards within the department.
What are they looking for in terms of prior experience and exposure?
The role requires a high calibre finance leader from a Real Estate or Asset Management background with a strong FP&A background as either a Senior Finance Analyst or FP&A Manager. In addition they are looking for a candidates with the following qualifications and skill set:
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), with significant post-qualification experience
- Experience within a large real estate developer would be strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills that enable data to be manipulated and presented professionally
- Prior key stakeholder exposure is essential or this position, both financial and non-financial
- Strong communication skills to work closely with business leaders
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment, consistently hitting strict deadlines
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about the role in more detail, then please contact Joseph Morris at deverellsmith for more information.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.