Looking for the next step forward in your career? and keen to manage a team and work on a large scale residential building?
You will oversee and perform technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the company's standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks.
- Assigns and completes work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, and safety standards
- Oversees and completes the turnover process to prepare for the pre-move-out inspection, creating a priority list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining required supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community and company standards.
- Diagnoses and undertakes repair and maintenance tasks to a high-quality including plumbing, joinery and carpentry, painting/decorating and lighting; or organises and oversees repairs to completion if referred to contractors.
- Periodically inspects work performed by other maintenance team members to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials and works with Community Manager to order supplies and tools as needed to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Actions regular preventative maintenance plans (PPM) at the required intervals to ensure building, equipment and facilities life cycles are met
- Coordinates Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site
- Monitor Contractors/Suppliers performance to standard and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Ensure annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Manage & maintain all statutory testing records, utilising other team members where appropriate
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Review site risk assessments as required with Community Manager.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practising the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering questions from your team and residents, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Is available on call out of hours to respond to emergency situations to resolve problems or contact contractors to address
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- A reasonable level of general education educated to O' Level / GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- A qualification in electrical/mechanical engineering or plumbing (i.e. NVQ, City Guilds or similar) or the equivalent of an apprentice program or trade school in the building trades.
- Knowledge in all building repair trades, purchasing procedures and practices, janitorial painting and repair procedures.
- General knowledge/understanding of Health and Safety risks including manual handling, worksite safety, chemicals, trip and fall hazards.
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results.
Job has Expired