Senior Technical Coordinator
Location: West London
I am currently working alongside a large residential developer/contractor who are looking for a Senior Technical Coordinator to join the business working on a mix of RC frame and traditional build projects underneath a senior manager. The senior Technical Coordinator will be working on some exciting and complex schemes whilst working for a forward thinking and sustainable business. The multi-award winning business have a strong pipeline of work and can offer the senior technical coordinator the platform to progress their career.
- Project Planning: Collaborate with project managers and stakeholders to define project objectives, requirements, and technical aspects. Assist in project planning, scheduling, and resource allocation
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that construction activities comply with local, state, and federal building codes, safety regulations, and environmental laws.
- Design and Engineering Coordination: Work closely with architects, engineers, and designers to review and improve construction plans, including architectural, structural, and technical drawings.
- Technical Documentation: Manage and organise technical documents, such as blueprints, specifications, and construction manuals. Keep track of revisions and updates.
- Construction Site Management: Regularly inspect construction sites to monitor progress, quality, and adherence to approved plans. Identify and address technical issues or discrepancies on-site.
- Quality Control: Implement and enforce quality control measures to ensure that construction work meets specified standards. Conduct inspections and tests to verify compliance.
- Subcontractor and Vendor Coordination: Collaborate with subcontractors and vendors to ensure they understand project requirements and deliver materials and services on schedule. Evaluate their performance and provide feedback.
- Budget and Cost Control: Assist in estimating costs and budgets for technical aspects of the project. Monitor and control costs related to technical coordination, proposing cost-saving measures when possible.
- Problem Resolution: Identify and resolve technical challenges or conflicts that arise during construction, proposing and implementing solutions to maintain project progress and quality.
- Communication: Maintain open and clear communication with project stakeholders, including project managers, contractors, architects, and regulatory authorities. Prepare and deliver regular reports and updates on technical aspects.
- Safety Compliance: Promote and enforce safety procedures to maintain a safe work environment for all project participants. Ensure compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks related to technical aspects of the project and develop mitigation strategies. Minimise safety and quality risks.
- Training and Development: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior technical staff, helping them develop their skills and knowledge in construction.
Typically the Senior Technical Coordinator would have a strong technical background this could be Architectural or Structural/Civil engineering, excellent organisational skills, proficiency in project management software, and effective communication and problem-solving abilities. The role is crucial in ensuring that construction projects are completed on time, within budget, and with the expected quality and safety standards.
Salary & Package
- £45,000 - £55,000
- Car Allowance
- Life Insurance
- Descretionary Bonus
- Hybrid Working