Are you passionate about real estate and want to work for a company displaying rapid growth? Our client is looking to grow their Accounting and Finance team and are keen to find a Service Charge Accountant.
The role will mainly focus on the preparation of annual service charge budgets, completion of year end closure and billing of balance service charges to NRL's and supporting the Head of Accounts. The broader duties will include:
- Service charge accounting by preparing annual budgets and year-end reports
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and adjustment in residential properties for Landlords
- Producing quarterly NRL Tax Return and paying the NRL to Inland Revenue
- Producing Statements and issuing these to NRL's
- Dealing with general accounting issues on behalf of Block and Commercial Managers
- Dealing with Joint Agents regarding AST clients and payment of invoices
- Assist in completing Company Accounts where we are acting on behalf of the client
The client is looking for someone who has previous experience in handling property based accounts, with a hands on proactive attitude. They will have:
- Excellent IT skills including proficient use of Word and Excel
- Experience working effectively in teams
- Strong communication skills and confident speaking with a diverse client group
- Time management and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Outstanding customer service
- Process driven mindset and the ability to work autonomously
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive:
- NEST pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Parking availability
If this role sounds exciting to you and you feel you possess the right skills and experience to be an asset to the team, please apply below. Alternatively, you can get in touch to discuss the position into further detail by calling Isabella Richards at deverellsmith.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.