- Posted 22 September 2022
- Salary£30000 - £35000 per annum + 10% Discretionary Bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameWesley Beckenham
Based at a fantastic new Build to Rent development this role is a great opportunity for an experienced Skilled Maintenance Operative to support the General Manager and take ownership of the planned and reactive maintenance of the development with a focus on high quality presentation. To ensure client and colleague safety and comfort at all times alongside delivering excellent customer service.
Responsibilities of the Skilled Maintenance Operative are:
- Work with General Manager to create daily, weekly and monthly Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) check lists. To then carry out and record.
- Liaise with colleagues to address reactive communal maintenance.
- Liaise with residents to address reactive apartment maintenance.
- Carry out any necessary works in between tenancies.
- Effectively manage workload and notes using the property management system in place.
- Organise and upload documentation to internal systems and to track compliance.
- Ensure works are completed in line with regulations, to a high standard and within agreed time frame. Leave areas clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure stock, tools and materials are kept to an acceptable level and usable standard.
- Be able to respond effectively to emergency situations.
- To identify and communicate potential areas for future works.
- To produce realistic quotes and support the General Manager in choosing equipment and products.
- To communicate effectively and continuously as reasonably practicable with the General Manager and other colleagues as required.
- Work well independently, yet be supportive of team members and goals.
- To provide great customer service at all times and be fully engaged with The Fold brand and its aim to create a great community for renters.
- Contracted to 40 hours per week with potential rota weekend cover.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Experience working in a customer facing role ideally in residential properties.
- Knowledge of planned preventative maintenance (fire safety systems, legionella management etc.)
- Good understanding of statutory requirements relating to residential buildings (training will also be provided)
- Qualified plumber or electrician highly desirable.
- Basic experience in electrical maintenance essential.
- Basic experience in plumbing/heating maintenance essential.
- Basic experience in painting and decorating desirable.
In return for your service our client offers:
- A basic salary of £30-£35K plus 10% performance related annual bonus.
- Fantastic benefits such as enhanced family leave policies, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, enhanced sick pay, study support and much more.
- enhanced annual leave including your birthday day off and a day off when you buy your house
Apply now if you have the required skills and experience to be our Skilled Maintenance Operative!
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.