An Acquisition Director is in charge of overseeing the purchase process for a real estate or development firm. They are responsible for sourcing and securing land and property assets that will help the firm grow and profit. This senior-level role needs strategic thinking, financial acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills.
As an Acquisition Director, you should expect the following job responsibilities:
● Overseeing the team of acquisition managers and managing the acquisition process from start to finish
● Working with legal and financial teams to ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and overseeing the transfer of ownership from the seller to the company.
● Identifying new acquisition opportunities and conducting due diligence on potential properties or portfolios
● Negotiating deals and contracts with property owners, agents, and developers
● Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the industry, such as investors and lenders
● Attending industry events and conferences to keep up with market developments and forge valuable connections.
● Analysing market trends and property values to make informed decisions about acquisitions
● Creating and presenting reports on potential acquisitions to senior management and stakeholders
● Managing budgets and timelines for acquisition projects
● Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and laws related to acquisitions
● Managing and developing the acquisition team, providing guidance, training, and support as required.
● Proven track record of successful property acquisitions and disposals, with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a similar role
● In-depth knowledge of real estate markets, trends, and regulations
● Strong analytical and financial modelling skills, with experience in deal structuring and negotiations
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop team members
● Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
If you have the experience, knowledge, and skills to take on this challenging and rewarding role, we encourage you to explore our job opportunities at deverellsmith. Sign up with us today to receive notifications about the latest Acquisition Director jobs, or browse through our open job listings to find a match that suits your skills and experience.