- Posted 20 February 2023
- Salary£33000 - £40000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFinance, Head Office & Business Support
- Contact NameHarriet Winter
This is a new role for an Accounts Assistant working for a growing residential and commercial managing agent. The role is available due to recent growth.
This is a great opportunity to learn and progress within Accountancy. You will be part of a small but committed finance team.
Remote working and hybrid working structure is offered.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Processing and payment of supplier invoice
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing and entering monthly journals into the system
- Completion statements for sale of individual properties
- Demand and collection of residential and commercial rent, service charges and insurance premiums
- Maintaining the accounts receivable ledger and ensuring that all payments collected are properly allocated in a timely manner.
- Rent collection reporting.
- Monthly client reports including profit & loss, rent collection and demanded statistics and debtor analysis.
- Credit control.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Cashflow management
- Checking and processing Tenant Deposits
- Helping to prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with service charge year end audits
- Assisting the Head of Finance with other ad hoc tasks
- Qube knowledge is highly desirable
- Property sector knowledge
The role would allow you to work on a varied mixed-use portfolio where you would be responsible for providing accounts support of the growing business.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional organisational and time management skills, and experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with strong attention to detail will be required, alongside the ability to work independently and as part of a team.