Back to jobs
Assistant Block Manager
- Posted 11 April 2023
- Salary£25000 - £30000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineNew Homes, Estate Agency & Mortgages
- Contact NameJada Spence
Job Title: Assistant Block Manager
Salary: £25,000 per annum
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and organised Assistant Block Manager. As an Assistant Block Manager, you will work closely with the Block Manager to assist in the day-to-day management of residential blocks and estates, ensuring smooth operations and excellent customer service.
- Provide administrative support to the Block Manager, including maintaining records, files, and documentation related to block management activities.
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing maintenance, repairs, and service contracts for residential blocks and estates.
- Liaise with residents, leaseholders, and suppliers to address inquiries, concerns, and requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist in preparing and managing service charge budgets, monitoring expenditure, and providing accurate financial reports.
- Attend resident's meetings, AGMs, and other relevant meetings, taking minutes and providing updates.
- Conduct regular site inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, building codes, and relevant legislation.
- Assist in managing and monitoring contractors, service providers, and suppliers, ensuring their performance meets agreed-upon standards and specifications.
- Stay updated with changes in legislation and regulations pertaining to property management, and assist in implementing necessary changes to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with other internal teams, such as accounts, legal, and property management, to ensure smooth operations and efficient service delivery.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain positive relationships with residents, leaseholders, and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in property management or a related field, preferably in London.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations, including Landlord and Tenant Act, Health and Safety regulations, and Section 20 procedures.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Experience in budgeting, financial reporting, and financial management is desirable.
- Familiarity with property management software and systems is a plus.
- Professional attitude, with high ethical standards and integrity.
- Relevant qualifications such as IRPM, RICS, or ARMA are desirable.
If you are a motivated and organised individual with a passion for property management, we would love to hear from you.