Do you have experience delivering high end hotels projects? A new developer and operator of hotels in central London is expanding its teams and looking for a strong Development Manager to progress and deliver a long-term hotel accommodation that covers stays from 1 night to 1 year+, in one of the most famous areas in the world.
Deverellsmith are leading on the search for a Development Manager who will oversee the progression and delivery of a major conversion of a building in Belgravia into a boutique hotel.
The client is a new brand already making major ripples in the Hospitality world. Their unique system and huge backing from financial institutions means this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new journey. With 3 hotels already purchased, there are no plans to stop. This is a totally new and disruptive concept which is garnering a lot of interest and with the era of slow travel and an increasing reliance on tech to manage our lives.
Tasks will include the following:
- Working closely with the Director of Development to implement the strategies and processes required to deliver the project.
- Managing of the consultant team to ensure that they provide the necessary outputs in a timely manner to allow site progress, monitor the overall programme and project progress.
- Facilitating the Consultants in delivering their design for the development.
- Design coordination with the entire design team.
- Overseeing feasibility appraisals and various financial analysis to identify viable development proposals.
- Overseeing the project team on the production of all relevant documentation to secure all necessary approval(s)/authorities to proceed with the development.
- Approving of project development brief with explicit objectives, roles & responsibilities, programme and deliverables.
- Leading planning applications through the planning process (submission, consultation, S106 Agreement) to secure consent within budget and programme.
- Overseeing legal due diligence, funding negotiations and the documentation of all relevant Agreements.
- Assisting with the appointment and management of contractors and support in appointing and managing direct appointments.
- Overseeing delivery of the project to ensure completion to agreed quality standards within approved budget and programme.
- Overseeing concise and value add project reporting on a timely basis.
- Leading risk and opportunity management exercises to maximise project returns.
- Leading timely budgeting and resource planning to ensure efficient and effective development management of the project.
- Managing and controlling design changes using the approved change control process
- Managing the contractor and ensuring that they are delivering to the programme and contract sum.
- Reviewing all contract variations and work with the contractors' commercial team and the PQS to negotiate the cost of change.
- Reviewing and develop the cost reporting for the project with the PQS.
- Reviewing monthly valuations and the recommendation for payments.
- Reviewing cash flow forecasting and continually seek to update with the Contractor and the PQS.
- Preparing of all financial reports and draw applications for funders.
- General project management duties as the Director of Development requires in the execution of the project.
- Working with management and hotel operation to the successful completion and hand over of the asset.
- The successful candidate will have run high-end hospitality schemes in the United Kingdom independently, managed projects from initial conception through to completion, controlled budgets and project timelines and be familiar with project planning tools. They will be able to demonstrate past success in a comparable position with a reputable and forward-thinking organisation.
- Highly motivated and pro-active and used to working independently as well as with a team.
- The ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure is essential.
- The candidate should also be detail-orientated and highly analytical with effective problem solving. In addition, they will be able to see the bigger picture and recognise the commercial aspects of their day-to-day activities.
- Presentable and self-confident, strong in coordination and communication.
- Excited to be involved in a ground-breaking new concept and to be able to be part of the team which is launching and developing it.
- Possessing superior communication skills, both oral and written is critical and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills.