Our client is a market leading, well-reputed house-builder with a strong commitment to quality and innovation.As they continue to expand their operations and adapt to industry demands, they are looking for a dedicated and detail-oriented Document Controller to join the team on a 6 month temporary basis starting ASAP.
As a Document Controller, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth flow of documentation within construction projects. You will be responsible for maintaining, organising, and distributing project documents to ensure that all stakeholders have access to accurate and up-to-date information. Your attention to detail and organisational skills will be instrumental in the success of the projects.
This role is site based and once you are embedded you'll have flexibility to work 1-2 days a week from home. Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Document Management: Maintain an organised and efficient system for managing construction project documents, including drawings, specifications, contracts, and correspondence.
Version Control: Ensure that all project documents are up to date and that the latest revisions are readily accessible to project team members.
Distribution: Distribute project documents to relevant team members and external stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner, both electronically and in hard copy when required.
Data Entry: Accurately input and update project information in document control software or databases.
Quality Control: Review documents for completeness and accuracy, identifying and rectifying any discrepancies.
Archiving: Maintain an organised archive of all project documents for future reference.
Communication: Act as a point of contact for document-related inquiries and provide support to project teams as needed.
- Previous experience in document control within the construction industry is highly essential
- Proficiency in document control software and Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Asite, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with construction documentation and terminology is a plus.
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Opportunities for career advancement within a growing company e.g. temp to perm
- Collaborative and supportive work environment