Are you a commercially minded newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a accounting practice background looking to step in to industry? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join growing real estate investor, developer and manager in a Corporate Financial Reporting role.
This position is ideal for individuals seeking to leverage their financial reporting experience within an established UK Real Estate Group with a fantastic track record of developing talent direct from practice.
The key responsibilities will depend on the business requirements and focus, however duties will include:
- Prepare annual statutory accounts under FRS 102, including collaboration with auditors.
- Execute financial UK Group Consolidation Reporting.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts for lenders and facilitate the NAV reporting process.
- Manage year-end service charge reconciliations for RICS Audits.
- Conduct monthly tasks such as bank reconciliations, VAT returns, and CIS returns.
- Collaborate with key business partners on leasing matters and tenant queries.
- Oversee project payables and reconciliations of drawdowns vs. actual spend.
- Manage Budget Revisions using the company Excel model
- Prepare and manage inter-company and client bank transfers.
- Assist with Loan Compliance and Covenant testing.
- Handle Companies House filing and regulatory reporting.
This role is a fantastic platform for a newly qualified accountant to learn and develop within an environment that has provided progression for candidates with similar experience before. You will have tremendous exposure to senior stakeholders both within and external to the finance team.
They are looking for somebody with the following key skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant with 0 - 2 years UK-based PQE (ACA preferred)
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders external to accounts
- Strong financial reporting background with a key attention to detail
- Individual with a proactive mindset and ability to use initiative
If this sounds like an exciting position for you to develop your career and you have the necessary experience please feel free to apply. Alternatively, if you would like to hear more information about the role, call Joseph Morris at deverellsmith for a confidential chat.