We are working exclusively on a search for a Financial Controller position within a construction company based in the West Midlands. This is a unique opportunity that provides direct progression in to a Finance Director position in the next few years.
Managing a relatively small finance function, this position will be responsible for the production of accurate management and statutory financial information, providing insights to the leadership team.
The position will be focused on the following duties:
- Develop and implement strong financial management and control.
- Responsible for compliance regarding the accounting and finance department
- Produce timely and accurate statutory and management accounts along with relevant management information
- Assist with the annual budget and ongoing performance
- Produce regular cashflow forecasts
- Day-to-day responsibility for overseeing payroll (both salaried and fortnightly paid).
- Compliance with all HMRC reporting requirements and deadlines across PAYE, NI, CIS, VAT and Corporation Tax.
- Be the main point of contact for the annual Audit, liaising with external auditors
They are seeking a confident and organised qualified accountant with strong experience managing a finance function, ideally within the construction or civil engineering sector. The other skills and experience they are looking for include:
- Ability to step up in to Finance Director position in the next few years.
- Managerial experience, ideally overseeing SME finance functions
- Strong business partnering exposure with senior leaders outside of the finance function
- Strategic and commercial mindset
If you are interested in the position then feel free to apply, alternatively contact Joseph Morris at deverellsmith for more details about the role and company.
Job has Expired